Infrared Photography Live Stream
Live Stream Schedule
You can find the schedule for future live streams, as well as submit questions and images, on the Live Streams page.
Here are the topics covered in this live stream. Direct links to each section are available in the video description on YouTube.
- 0:00:00 intro
- 0:00:56 full-spectrum or not (George)
- 0:03:35 wide-angle lenses (Harold)
- 0:08:30 edit 590nm image (Harold)
- 0:22:00 critique & edit (Waldemar)
- 0:36:03 which conversion is my camera? (Robert)
- 0:39:56 IR portraits (chat)
- 0:43:31 650nm editing (chat)
- 0:45:26 edit branches & structure (Prabhakaran)
- 0:50:12 edit silhouette (Prabhakaran)
- 0:53:17 edit people & haze (Prabhakaran)
- 0:58:05 edit monochrome (Prabhakaran)
- 1:04:23 other YouTube channels (chat)
- 1:05:50 720nm edit (chat)
- 1:19:02 GFX lenses (chat)
- 1:21:52 faint hot spots (chat)
- 1:22:30 shoot visible light? (chat)
- 1:24:03 590nm edit & previsualizing (James)
- 1:36:20 multi-spectral imaging (chat)
- 1:39:45 1,000nm filter (Mac)
- 1:42:10 edit image (Mac)
- 1:49:16 edit hot spots (Oscar)
- 1:59:50 wrap
Here are my observations. Your constructive feedback is also welcome.
- The 4/27 live stream suffered from repeated buffering issues due to problems with OBS. OBS had given me some minor issues prior, and I had considered replacing it with something more reliable. I had also considered separating the streaming and photo editing processing since they are both CPU/GPU hogs. When they run on the same computer, one will suffer. I picked up a Black Magic Design ATEM Mini Pro ISO to handle switching sources and streaming. This proved to be a much more reliable setup for the 5/4 stream.
- Viewers in chat indicated that ads running during the live stream cut off part of the stream. I have no control over this timing, so I’ll turn ads off during future streams.
- Trimming dead air from the beginning and end of the live-stream video deletes the chat replay. ☹️ I wish YouTube had warned of this before saving. In the future, I will begin streaming at the start time, so I don’t need to trim the video later. This will preserve the chat on replay.
- I need to move my chat monitor up higher so that my head is not buried while reading the chat. I think I need one of those six monitor setups. 😆
If you have comments, questions or feedback, use the comment section for this video.